Sunday, February 17, 2008

THE WAY YOU LOOK AT ME

Seating at my computer, listening to “The Ataris”, a big realization popped into my mind.
I’ll never be able to make you look at me the way that I really want you to look at me. There’s just nothing that I can do.
I can be your best worker, employer, manager, coworker,
son, dad, husband, brother, uncle, cousin;
pastor, teacher, patient, preacher;
doctor or lawyer:
hero, neighbor, friend,
firefighter or police;
It doesn’t matter who I am, how much money I don’t have; tall or short, skinny or fat, black or white, pretty or ugly, preppy or punk, smart or dumb;
It’s not about being a Christian, mature or immature; teacher or listener; shepherd or sheep;
We’re all one in Christ, sons of the same Father; we read the same Bible, sing the same old songs, believe that same old things;
But we are all different, created on His likeness, but different.
We were raised by different parents, which came from different backgrounds, cultures, and time periods.
We come from different cities, states, countries, continents, and maybe even planets, who knows?
We come from different schools of thoughts: Calvinists, Lutherans, Marxists, and even Lucadists;
We come from different socio-economical earthly families. Rich, poor, white, non-white, half-white, anti-white, black, Jack Black;
Our churches are Baptist, Anabaptists, Presbyterians, Pentecostals, Lutherans, Churches of Christ, and Mennonites;
They play old songs, new songs, no songs, praise and worship, hymns, punk rock or just the choir;
They believe that the truth will set them free, but are bounded in a bunch of untruths, or they believe that the same truth that can set them free bound them to righteousness.

It doesn’t matter; you will never look at me the way that I really want you to look at me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home