Thursday, October 05, 2006

I have a dream, too.

I must admit that my last series "Leaving Jesusland" was pretty strong, so let's get some fresh and pure air.



I have a dream, too.

A dream of equality and justice.
A dream that one day all nations of the world will have the right to have fun together under the same God.
Generations come and go, and the world still is spinning at the same speed; is it me, or things are getting weirder and weirder?
The United States have a naval base in Cuba, animals have more rights than little babies, more and more people buy two Big Macs and drink a Diet Coke, churches all around the country are having more and more dumb events to attract potential members, Ive heard that a church in New Mexico was offering a membership at a local Mens Club with two Thailand eases massages a week, for the first 10 members that arrive on the morning service.
Conformity? Are Christians conformed to the patterns of this world? What kind of patterns? What kind of Christians? What kind of world?
Conformity? Im conformed that conformity is not a really good word.
Weve been trying to be good Christians, even though the only good thing that live inside us is Christ, even though many of us insist that we are the ones responsible, even though the Spirit that lives inside us is the real source of goodness, even though many of us dont even remember that theres a called Holy Spirit dwelling somewhere inside, even though we do not deserve, even though thats another story.
I have a dream, too.
A dream that one day Ill be able to eat enchiladas and not get sick of my stomach, because Im a Brazilian and my stomach cannot handle that kind of food, even though is delicious.
Sometimes is better to be quiet and dance through Gods music than keep playing that same old song, in the same old rhythm, the same old voice, with the same old heart.
Blessed are the meek of heart, the queen of spades, and the Diamond Shamrocks cheap gasoline.
I have a dream to, actually I have many dreams, but the best one, the dream of peace, joy and love, God already gave me, through His son Jesus Christ.


Be renewed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home